Voodle is the short video app for business. We are a remote-first team of problem solvers on a mission to transform how diverse teams connect and collaborate. We are seeking a UX Designer to help us build incredible experiences that our users love.
This role is a rare opportunity for someone to make an incredible impact at an early stage, venture-backed startup with a large addressable market opportunity. As our UX Designer you will focus on designing user flows from wire-frame to pixel-perfection. Our application is designed to be adopted as a "consumer experience" but is targeted at business users, so the design challenges of the UX are a mix of understanding how a "consumer" would approach the first time use and how the core functionality of Voodle will become "sticky.” Our ideal candidate for this role will be someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment, is motivated by challenging problems and constraints, and is passionate about user-centered design.
We are growing fast and this role will be key to our company’s success. If you are excited to dig in and join a fun, creative, and driven team, this is the role for you.
- Get to know customers and users intimately. Understand their problems and challenges in order to design user experiences that drive engagement and increase retention
- Lead design research with customers by testing product prototypes and concepts
- Work closely with the product and engineering teams to deliver intuitive, elegant, and delightful user experiences for the Voodle web and mobile apps
- Advocate for quality by upholding design best practices and participating in design QA of your feature work
- Develop and maintain a design system to streamline processes and to ensure a consistent UX/UI across the product
- Be passionate about our product and advocate for our users
- 3+ years of professional work in UX design for web and mobile applications
- Mastery of prototyping and design tools such as Figma, Sketch, InVision, Marvel
- Experience working alongside product managers and engineers in a highly collaborative environment
- An exceptional online portfolio that demonstrates your problem solving and design skills
- An intense curiosity for understanding our customers and their problems
- An understanding of data oriented validation of user experiences through A/B testing
- Ability to manage and work on multiple projects concurrently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Share our commitment to celebrating and embracing diversity and inclusiveness in our interactions together and with our customers
- Have permission to live/work in the USA
How do you know if Voodle is the place for you?
- Our mission, vision, and values resonate with you.
- You go all in. You live for scary goals and do everything you can to achieve them.
- You act like a Voodler. Voodlers are optimistic, candid, autonomous, genuine, curious, super productive, excellent at what they do, impatient, a bit weird, strangely comfortable with ambiguity, and universally obsessed with podcasts. We make each other better.
- Your impact is felt; people notice when you aren’t there.
- You have good judgement and people trust you. You don’t need a lot of rules and policies to know the right thing to do.
- You recognize that change is hard, but you sign up anyway to be part of a dynamic startup environment where change is a constant. Voodlers say “yes” and run towards our collective goals
For more, please review our Culture Book: https://team.voodle.com/home
What we offer:
- Competitive base salary and meaningful equity in a fast-growing startup
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO), plus formal company holidays & a winter shut-down week
- 100% Company-paid health benefits program for all employees and their dependents
- A company 401k plan, which includes an up to 4% matching contribution from the company
- Paid parental leave
- Remote working program, which includes monthly allowance as well as initial home office set-up or hoteling desk fees covered
We are optimistic about the future of work, we aim to be truly great at working remotely, and we look forward to having you join us on our mission to support the new workplace revolution!