Mobile Software Engineer - Android
Voodle is the short video app for business. We are a remote-first team of problem solvers on a mission to transform how diverse teams collaborate. We are seeking a Mobile Android Software Engineer to help us build and deliver the foundations of our product through this exciting period of growth.
This role is a rare opportunity for someone to make an incredible impact at an early stage, venture-backed startup with a large addressable market opportunity. As a Mobile Software Engineer, you’ll have the opportunity to drive development of our Android platform to deliver industry leading solutions to the problems around remote teams. You’ll have mentorship from seasoned startup entrepreneurs and together we’ll create an ideal environment for growth and creative problem solving.
Follow this link to meet Daryl, the hiring manager for this role, and hear more about the opportunity! https://app.voodle.com/view/3TAbroS
We are growing fast and this role will be key to our company’s success. If you are excited to dig in and join a fun, creative, and driven team, this is the role for you.
- Build, test, and deliver high quality software
- Work collaboratively and cross-functionally to deliver great solutions to our customers
- Actively participate and contribute to the engineering process, culture, and knowledge base
- Grow your skill set, while making others around you better
- Mentor junior members of the team
Our Ideal Candidate will:
- Have 4-10 years of professional software development experience
- Bring a diverse set of experiences working on consumer-facing products and a passion for building things people love
- Have worked across a wide range of technologies, but be highly skilled in Android development
- Demonstrate experience with Kotlin, coroutines, MVVM, Retrofit, and Room
- (Nice to have) Familiarity with Exoplayer, Camera2 / CameraX, Push Notifications
- Familiarity with Python, IOS and Web Development
- Demonstrate experience with modern cloud technologies and infrastructure
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment where shipping quickly and gathering data are prized
- Own their own career development and look for opportunities to grow impact and learnings
- Share our commitment to celebrating and embracing diversity and inclusiveness in our interactions together and with our customers
- Have permission to live/work in the USA
How do you know if Voodle is the place for you?
- Our mission, vision, and values resonate with you.
- You go all in. You live for scary goals and do everything you can to achieve them.
- You act like a Voodler. Voodlers are optimistic, candid, autonomous, genuine, curious, super productive, excellent at what they do, impatient, a bit weird, strangely comfortable with ambiguity, and universally obsessed with podcasts. We make each other better.
- Your impact is felt; people notice when you aren’t there.
- You have good judgement and people trust you. You don’t need a lot of rules and policies to know the right thing to do.
- You recognize that change is hard, but you sign up anyway to be part of a dynamic startup environment where change is a constant. Voodlers say “yes” and run towards our collective goals
For more, please review our Culture Book: https://team.voodle.com/home
What we offer:
- Competitive base salary and meaningful equity in a fast-growing startup
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO), plus formal company holidays & a winter shut-down week
- 100% Company-paid health benefits program for all employees and their dependents
- A company 401k plan, which includes an up to 4% matching contribution from the company
- Paid parental leave
- Remote working program, which includes monthly allowance as well as initial home office set-up or hoteling desk fees covered
We are optimistic about the future of work, we aim to be truly great at working remotely, and we look forward to having you join us on our mission to support the new workplace revolution!